What Hat Suits You Best?
If you have an Oval Face…
1. You can pull of just about any hat
2. Wear your hat straight across the brow or straight across your hairline
3. the crown must be wider than your cheekbones.
If you have a Round Face…
1. The brim should be worn at an angle, not straight
2. Asymmetrical lines are very flattering
3. The crown of the hat must be wider than your face, unless balanced by the brim
If you have a Triangular Shaped Face…
1. Almost any hat can be worn
2. Wear them straight across the brow or straight across your hairline.
3. The crown should never be narrower than your cheekbones. This is for all hat types
If you have a Square Face...
1. Slant the brim of your hats, or simply tilt your hat
2. Wear hats with asymmetrical shapes
3. Wear earrings when wearing hats
If your face is an Oblong Shape…
1. Avoid narrow and tall hats
2. Experiment with hats that have brims.
3. Balance your shoulders and the rest of your body
If You Wear Glasses…
1. Try wearing your hat with the brim turned up, as it is more flattering
2. Brims that swoop up on one side and asymmetrical shapes are more flattering
Taking your Skin Tone into account…
1. Because a hat is worn so closely to your face it is important that the colour of the hat flatters your skin tone.
2. If you have pale skin, a warm colour such as pink or rust is a good choice.
3. Darker skin is easier to choose for, although if it is very dark, black is best avoided.
The Rest of the Outfit…
1. If the hat matches the colour of the outfit exactly it is important to introduce at least one other colour into the outfit,
2. If the hat is to be a contrasting colour, it must be a colour that complements the outfit.
1. Hair put up into the hat will look the most flattering
2. If you like your hair to be seen, make sure you at least tuck it behind your ear.
3. If you have a fringe and need this to be seen, choose a hat you can wear across your hairline.
We found these tips at Adorn Hats.